A Tale of Momentum and Inertia: This is an extraordinary animated short that tells the story of a giant rock man and how it pays to be thankful for little supports.
The story relates a giant rock man who coincidentally gives a rock a chance to move down a mountain toward a little seaside town while he is conveying rocks over the mountain. The giant rock man jumps to spare the town, however, his last move crushes the town tower. The townspeople blow the horn without a moment’s delay and assault aimlessly. Whenever bolts and shells downpour on the giant rock man and stimulate him, he gets irritated, so he gives the rock a chance to pummel the town. Quickly the beachfront town is wrecked to the ground, and afterward, the stone monster leaves.
It was directed by Kameron Gates and Kirk Kelley, this short film has won several awards, including :
- SICAF – In competition at the Seoul International Cartoon & Animation Festival in July 2016.
- Screened in the Milano Film Festival on Sept. 14 & 16, 2015.
- Screened at the NW Animation Fest’s 2015 “Best of the Fest” show on Sept. 11 in Portland.
- Portland Film Festival: Screened Sept. 2, 2015
- Siggraph 2015 – Screened at the Computer Animation Festival Electronic Theater at the Los Angeles Convention Center
- FilmOneFest 2015: Best Animation Award
- 22nd Stuttgart Festival of Animated Film (ITFS) – Screened in Films International Competition
- One Screen Film Festival: Best Animation (2015)
- Animation Block Party: Best Minute Movie (2014)
- The Australian Effects and Animation Festival: Silver Award in Short Films (2014)
- California International Animation Festival: Audience Favorite Award (2014)
- Oregon Independent Film Festival: Best Animation (2014)
- Ottawa International Animation Festival: Nominated Best Short Animation (2014)
- 41st Northwest Filmmakers’ Festival – THE GIANT ANIMATION AWARD
- Oregon Underground Film Festival – Best Animated Short
- BAMkids Film Festival 2015
Also watch: The Present-Heartwarming Short Animation
Watch A Tale of Momentum and Inertia and Please Comment what you Think